Animated videos are often considered one of the most effective ways to communicate your message. Businesses around the globe have turned to video-based marketing to sell their products and services.
Although big companies can afford to hire professionals to create animated videos, this is not always feasible for all. Traditional animation may not be the best way for you to communicate your message.
Whiteboard animation software programs can help fill this gap. With minimal effort, whiteboard animation can create captivating storylines. You can create a explainer video or sell your idea. Or you can introduce your business. A captivating story will help you tap into the subconscious of potential and existing customers.
I urge you to look through the many ads that you see online if you haven’t yet noticed this. You can see how advertisers use human emotions and insecurities as a way to sell their products.
You may have noticed that beauty and skin care products use natural ingredients that aren’t harmful to the skin. SaaS companies often tell businesses how organized they can be using their products to increase their sales and revenue.
Are you adamant that these advertisements do not touch on human emotions? You might be wrong! What are these things? Yes, emotions are human!
Whiteboard animation is a great way to tap into the emotions of people and create compelling stories that touch on the most important aspects of the day-today lives of your customers.
There are many whiteboard animation programs that will help you create beautiful stories. There are free options, but I recommend that you purchase the premium versions. They offer more power, flexibility and freedom.
What are the top whiteboard animation programs for 2022, both free and paid? Let’s see.
Best Free Whiteboard Animation Software
Let me clarify this. There is no whiteboard animation software that is free forever. It is said that if you are skilled at something, don’t give it away for free.
These whiteboard animators are skilled and creative, and they have created some amazing programs. Don’t expect them not to give it away for free. They will give you a limited version for free.
This list of the best whiteboard animation software for free will not include those that are free, but it does offer you the chance to upgrade.
Okay, now that you have understood the basics, let’s look at the options.
1. MySimpleShowWhiteboard Animation Software
MySimpleShow will let you create amazing explainer videos for your company.
You can use the program to create stunning images and graphics to make videos that explain how your product works or share your brilliant ideas.
It can be used to create crowdfunding videos and explainer videos for students.
These are some of the benefits of whiteboard animation software
- You can download and use pre-made storylines. It is not necessary to start a new storyline.
- The program does all the heavy lifting and doesn’t require any technical knowledge. It handles all the heavy lifting for you and provides a simple interface to use.
- There are unlimited video possibilities.
- It allows for auto-magical visualization, where texts can be converted into videos.
- Audio can be added.
The pros may look amazing on paper but there are more cons than the paid version.
Here’s a quick list…
- You cannot download any video that you have created with the free version.
- Your voiceover cannot be added.
- Subtitles are not allowed.
- Animations can only be created with your hands.
- It is not permitted to use your own fonts.
The free version will give you a public page. However, this is not enough to allow you to upload videos to your website or YouTube channel.
The final decision is to pay for the software program rather than create videos with the free version.
2. RawShortsWhiteboard Animation Software
RawShorts is a simple program that allows you to create explainer videos with just a drag-and drop interface. You can create videos up to 2 minutes in length with the free version. Exporting the videos is possible, but only five exports per month are allowed.
It is possible to quickly create an explainer video by starting from scratch or use one of their animated whiteboard templates.
RawShorts’ amazing feature is its ability to render videos and then share them to various social media platforms. They integrate with many social platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, YouTube, and others.
RawShorts allows you to create a variety of videos such as product feature explanations, strategy videos, marketing videos and many more. RawShorts is easy to use, and you don’t even need any previous experience with whiteboard animation software.
RawShorts: The Pros
- Drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to manipulate images.
- Exporting 5 videos per month is not possible
- With the free version, you can get export quality for 480p
- You can use 16:9 as your video format.
- YouTube allows you to upload your videos.
Cons of RawShorts
The free version is less beneficial than the paid version. These are the cons of RawShorts.
- All videos will be watermarked.
- A video cannot be more than 480p (Standard resolution).
- YouTube is the only social media integration that is available.
- The video is only for two minutes.
- Only 6 libraries will be available to you.
- Commercial rights will not be granted to you.
- With your free video, you will have access to the standard music collection.
3. AnimakerWhiteboard Animation Software
Animaker is another excellent whiteboard animation program. Animaker offers a free version, just like the other options. The free version has a limited number of features.
The free version allows you to download five videos per month. However, all videos will be watermarked. The maximum length of an exported video cannot exceed 2 minutes.
GIFs can be created and accessed through the video editor. Access to 10 music tracks will be available for free each month. After creating videos with the free version, you will get HD quality videos. Upgrade if you require full FD or better quality.
- To make animated videos more engaging, you can add text, music, and effects.
- YouTube allows you to upload videos, however the video quality is limited to SD if you use the free version.
- Upload your videos to the site and then edit them with their free video editor.
Cons of Animaker
- The free version does not grant you any commercial rights.
- It is not possible to use custom fonts.
- You don’t have the option to manage your files.
- Your branding cannot be added.
4. RenderforestWhiteboard Animation Software
Renderforest whiteboard animation software is very intuitive. It’s cloud-based so it can be run even on the smallest computer that can connect to the internet and run a web browser.
You can quickly start with hundreds of pre-made scenes. The preview feature allows you to edit and correct any errors before you render your video.
They do offer a forever-free version, but it’s not as extensive as the ones I mentioned.
Renderforest: The Pros
- The free version allows you to create unlimited videos and export them at 360p resolution.
- Access to over 200k+ stock videos for your video creations
- To make your videos more attractive, you can add music to them.
Cons of Renderforest
- The free version of the software is very limited. It allows you to create videos that last no more than one minute.
- The free version only allows you to listen to a small number of tracks.
- If you’re using the free version, all videos will be watermarked.
Renderforest does not only allow you to create whiteboard animations. You can also create logos and build websites with Renderforest. Their free version, as expected, will severely limit your ability to do what you want.
5. PowtoonWhiteboard Animation Software
Powtoon is another whiteboard animation program that allows you to use a complimentary plan. The software is easy to use, it is obvious. You can learn whiteboard animation even if you have no previous experience.
If you find it difficult to use Powtoon, you can opt for their live webinars or training center.
Yes, you can create personal videos with their free plan.
The Pros of Powtoon
- Even the free version allows you to create HD videos.
- The free version will give you 100 MB storage space.
- You’ll have access to all royalty-free soundtracks and objects.
Cons of Powtoon
- Powtoon branding will be applied to every video you make. It is impossible to remove this.
- Maximum video length is 3 minutes
- Your videos cannot be downloaded in MP4 format.
- You can’t add your brand to the mix or personalize your character’s face and attire.
The bottom line: Although the free versions can be used to learn whiteboard animation, they’re not suitable for creating professional-grade videos. If you plan to make many videos per month, they are not suitable. You should therefore choose the premium versions or only-premium options of the ones above.
Best Paid Whiteboard Animation Software
The premium versions of the options I have mentioned have been made available. However, I will be mentioning the ones that are not available in the free list. You will have to pay if you wish to use them. They are worthless, even if you get a free copy.
All of them are worth your time and money. What are you waiting? Dig in!
6. ExplaindioWhiteboard Animation Software
Explaindio is one of the names that springs to mind when you think of doodle animation, 3D videos and 2D videos. This is how I see it from the perspective of novices. Adobe Animate CC is an option, but it has a steep learning curve that makes them unsuitable for beginners.
Explaindio allows you to quickly create amazing videos using a drag-and drop interface. It’s extremely powerful and can create doodle animations and full-motion videos.
Explaindio has 200 premade animation scenes and 300 fonts. There are 180 premade animations, so you don’t need to make everything.
You don’t need to be connected to the internet to make videos with Explaindio. You can also stay offline if necessary. What’s more? You can make as many videos as you like.
You cannot make videos for clients or to sell. You will need an enterprise license to do this. You can use all the videos made with Explaindo for commercial purposes (example: YouTube can host the videos and make revenue).
Explaindio can be used on both Mac and PC. Linux users are unable to use this amazing video maker tool.
Explaindio lets you import videos in many formats, including MP4, MOV and FLV. Multi-timeline editing is possible. There are 6 animated characters available if you wish to create storytelling videos.
The Pros of Explaindio
- Keyframe animation.
- Built-in transitions.
- 800 animated doodles
- Modification of models and 3D animation are available.
- 100 HD background videos are available.
Pricing for Explaindio
A one-time fee of $497 is possible, or you can opt for a subscription. You can pay monthly ($37 per month) or annually ($67 per year) with the subscription model.
7. FilmoraProWhiteboard Animation Software
You’ve probably heard of this software, but you may not have known that it was one of the best video-editing programs that allows you to create whiteboard animations. You must first build a white plan to get started.
FilmoraPro offers many features, including color correction, audio mixer, keyframe animated, and others. You can tether text or graphics to any object in a movie.
You can either create your animation from scratch or use premade templates. This makes life easier. FilmoraPro allows you to zoom in and add realistic camera movements to your video.
- You can edit or animate text.
- Use the Wrap and Distort feature to modify your videos.
- There are pre-made transitions you can use.
- You can experiment with highlights, midtones and shadows.
- An automatic stabilization feature is available.
FilmoraPro, a professional-grade video editing program, is both for advanced users and beginners. The pricing structure is very strange. The software can be purchased for $149.99 for a lifetime, or for $89.99 per year for a yearly subscription. This is strange because you’ll pay twice as much for the yearly subscription if you choose to purchase it over the lifetime price within two years.
You can get all the features in the free version, but you shouldn’t expect any tech support. Watermarks will also be added to any video you create.
8. Easy Sketch ProWhiteboard Animation Software
Easy Sketch PRO is the best tool for creating doodle videos. This amazing tool for creating doodle videos doesn’t require any technical knowledge.
Easy Sketch Pro’s most impressive feature is the ability to upload a video. The program will convert the opening scene into a sketch, and then make the video transition into a real one. You can also set the length of the sketch before it is converted into a real video.
Drag-and-drop building is easy with the program. You can either add your own video or use the hundreds of images provided by the program to create a new video.
You will find a selection of 50 crayons and chalks, as well as brushes and pens, to help you create the exact look you desire.
You can start your live sketch videos by using professional canvas types. You don’t need to worry about copyright claims as all images are royalty-free.
Pros of Easy Sketch Pro
- It can export videos in MP4 format.
- The program can be installed on multiple devices.
- You can pay one time, which makes it very affordable over the long-term.
- It can be used to add soundtracks, videos and logos as well as images.
- This program is available both for Mac and Windows users.
Pricing for Easy Sketch Pro
Easy Sketch Pro offers three plans. The Starter plan is the most basic. It requires you to pay $37 one-time. This plan will give you Easy Sketch Pro branding on all your videos.
Other options include Business Pro and Business Pro, which cost $67 each and $97 respectively (one time payments). These plans do not allow you to use Easy Sketch Pro branding on your videos.
9. VideoScribeWhiteboard Animation Software
VideoScirbe is one of the most simple whiteboard animation programs on the market. The interface is simple and allows you to quickly create immersive videos. All you need is images, text, and audio.
VideoScribe can be used online or via their downloadable app. It works great! The process is so easy that even those with no knowledge of whiteboard animation are able to create stunning videos in a matter of minutes.
VideoScribe was designed for rookies. VideoScribe does all of the heavy lifting behind-the scenes. It doesn’t do complicated stuff like keyframe animations or anything.
All images downloaded by the program are converted into SVG files, so they can be scaled easily. There are many images available. You can also use images you have taken from the repository.
You can also download a lot of royalty-free music from them that you can use in all your projects. After creating a video, it is possible to download it to your computer in many formats, including MP4, AVI and MOV.
VideoScribe allows you to upload videos to social media sites. YouTube, Sho.Co. and Vimeo are the only supported video platforms at this time.
The Pros and Cons of VideoScribe
- It allows you to export videos as an image sequence.
- You can add unlimited pages to one storyboard.
- It can be used on both Mac and Windows platforms.
- The templates are customizable.
- A 24/7 support team is available.
There is no free plan, but they offer a seven-day free trial. After the trial ends, you have two options: you can either choose an annual subscription that costs $8 per month or a quarterly plan that costs $35 per quarter. Their monthly plan will cost $17.50 per month.
10. VyondWhiteboard Animation Software
Vyond, a whiteboard animation program that allows you to create professional videos for marketing, HR, training and eLearning is a great option. You can create engaging video communication by telling stories and using content customizations and repurposing.
Vyond allows you to import MP4 videos directly into your learning management system. Advanced features such as dialogue, lip-sync and realistic movements can be used to create engaging video content.
There are many colors, movements and characters available. It has a large sound effects library and even the ability to import custom music. You can load your fonts, logos, etc.
Pros from Vyond
- You can customize objects, characters, or models.
- Animations that resemble life can be created.
- For all your email marketing campaigns, you can create compatible videos.
- You will find a lot of educational material and use cases. To help you get started.
Pricing for Vyond
There are four plans available. The Essential Plan is $299 per year. The Premium Plan will run you $649 per year. The Professional Plan is $999 per year. The Enterprise Plan offers custom pricing based on your requirements.
Vyond offers a 14-day trial for free to test their product and determine if it suits your needs.
Bonuswhiteboard animation software
Bonus in this case doesn’t mean that they are not the best. I personally use and promote Doodly and you should try it out. Here are 3 more whiteboard animation software that are worth mentioning.
11. DoodlyWhiteboard Animation Software
Doodly is a software that anyone can use, even if they have very little technical knowledge. Doodly allows you to create whiteboard videos and get into the market immediately. You can create professional whiteboard videos in no time with its intuitive tools.
The study demonstrates that embedding videos can increase organic traffic up to 157%. Doodly makes it easy to create and publish videos quickly without having to spend a lot of time in the production phase.
12. Camtasia Whiteboard Animation Software
Camtasia premium whiteboard animation software provides everything you need to create stunning whiteboard animation videos. Access to many customizable videos, including intros and outros. TechSmith subscription includes access to over 500k stock photos and images as well as videos.
You can create themes to organize your personal or business style. You will enjoy a smoother experience with the refined preview playback. These features are not the only ones. There are also in-built functionalities such as audio effects, annotations screen recorders and transitions.
It is a great whiteboard animation tool that costs $249, but it is well worth it.
13. MySimpleShow Whiteboard Animation Software
My Simple Show is the best whiteboard animated software for companies looking to make professional whiteboard animation videos. You can create all kinds of videos, including product promotions, employee training, and motivation videos for employees.
It is possible to also create educational videos. You can use a variety of audio, images and graphics to make a whiteboard animation video.
What is a whiteboard animation software?
Whiteboard animations are usually done in black and white. However, modern software can add colors or voice overs to the animations.
You can use multiple motion styles to create your own, or combine them all. The software comes with a huge library of audio, animations and images that will help you achieve the desired result.
Whiteboard animation software is a great tool to help you create explainer videos as well as HR videos, education videos and marketing videos.
What things should you consider before purchasing a whiteboard animation software?
Easy of Use Whiteboard animation software is generally simple to use using a drag-and-drop interface. Avoid programs that have a steep learning curve.
Customization – Find out how customizable is. Avoid programs that make it difficult to customize pre-made templates. You can customize every aspect of customization, from fonts and characters to color, audio and video, etc.
Voice Over: Make certain that your whiteboard animation software has voice-over capabilities. You may need to voice-over certain videos. You should avoid programs that lack this feature.
Media library – This refers to the media library, which includes audio, video, and images provided by the program. You should have enough media files in your library.
Price – Finally, excessively high prices are not acceptable. Always settle for a one-time purchase option if it is available. It will be cheaper in the long term.
Marketing with animated videos is a powerful tool. Don’t underestimate their power. A whiteboard animation software is a great investment if you’re serious about growing your company and are willing to invest money in the growth of your site.
It is a wise and meaningful decision.
Still stuck in a quandary? Consider this: Creating a professional video with traditional channels can run up to 16,000 dollars. Are you willing to spend that much money for professional videos?
It was my opinion! These expenses are not necessary unless you’re a very wealthy businessman or you need something really special. A whiteboard animation program is a better choice. This software will be much cheaper and you can make as many videos as possible in a very short time.