- Philo is a streaming platform that offers a more affordable option than services like fuboTV, Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, and YouTube TV
- Philo offers less content than other streaming services
- Philo currently offers a 7 days free trial promotion
- Philo’s pricing is set at $25 per month for access to 70+ channels with a few add-ons
What is Philo TV?
Philo is a streaming service that provides access to live television, on-demand content, and thousands of hours of programming from popular networks. It offers a wide selection of channels, including AMC, BET, Comedy Central, Discovery, Food Network, Hallmark, HGTV, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more.
Philo is known for its affordable pricing, with plans starting as low as $25 per month. The platform also offers a 7-day free trial for new users to try out the service before committing to a subscription. It is compatible with various devices such as smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and streaming devices like Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.
Philo provides over 70+ channels for $25/mo. and gives you the option to add on Epix for an additional $6/mo. or Starz for $9/mo. with a free seven-day trial. There are no contracts and you can cancel anytime.
Philo Complete Channel List
Philo is a streaming service that offers a wide range of channels for entertainment, despite not having local or sports channels. The channels provided by Philo include a wide variety of options such as classic and new movies, children’s programming, cooking shows, documentaries, entertainment, lifestyle, reality TV shows, world news and more, providing something for everyone.
Here is the current TV channel lineup for Philo:
|News & Information
|BBC World News
|Cheddar Big News
|Law & Crime
|Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
|Crime + Investigation
|The Weather Channel
|Oprah Winfrey Network
|Game Show Network
|Great American Country
|Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
|Heroes & Icons
|Oprah Winfrey Network
How much does Philo cost?
Philo currently offers a plan that costs $25/month which includes access to 70+ live TV channels, with a 7-day free trial. This plan includes a variety of channels from different categories such as AMC, BET, Comedy Central, Discovery, Hallmark, HGTV, History, IFC, Lifetime, MTV, Nickelodeon, TLC, VH1, and more.
Philo users also have the option to add on extra channels and services for an additional cost, such as Movies & More for $3/month, MGM+ for $6/month and Starz for $9/month. Additionally, Philo allows users to record shows and movies to watch later, as well as the ability to stream on up to 3 devices simultaneously. The service does not require any long-term contract, so you can cancel the service at any time.
How does Philo’s compare to other streaming services?
Philo’s channel lineup is generally considered to be more focused on entertainment and lifestyle channels, rather than local or sports channels. It includes a wide variety of channels from different categories such as AMC, BET, Comedy Central, Discovery, Hallmark, HGTV, History, IFC, Lifetime, MTV, Nickelodeon, TLC, VH1, and more.
Compared to other streaming services, Philo’s channel lineup is generally considered to be more focused on entertainment and lifestyle channels, rather than local or sports channels. Other streaming services such as Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, and AT&T TV Now offer a wider range of channels, including local and sports channels, and premium channels such as HBO and Showtime. However, Philo’s pricing is generally considered to be more affordable than other streaming services.
Additionally, other streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, are focused more on on-demand streaming options, so they do not have live channels as a part of their package, but they have a huge library of TV series and movies.
Here is how Philo compare to a few streaming service.
Sling TV offers a variety of deals to its users. By signing up on a streaming device, users can take advantage of the three-day free trial. Additionally, Sling TV also has a free service called Sling Free that provides limited channels and on-demand titles. Users just need to create a free account to access this service. As a bonus, Sling TV is currently offering a free Chromecast with Google TV streamer (a $50 value) for users who prepay for one month of service. Another bonus is that if users prepay for two months of service, they can get a free HD antenna.
fuboTV offers a three-day free trial period for its users. Out of the four plans that fuboTV offers, only three of them come with a free trial period: Starter plan at $65/mo.; Pro plan at $70/mo.; and Elite plan at $80/mo. However, the Latino Quarterly at $33/mo. ($99 for three months) does not come with a free-trial option. If users choose the Pro or Elite plans and opt for quarterly payments instead of monthly, they will receive a free Amazon FireTV Stick 4K (a $50 value).
YouTube TV offers a full two-week free trial period, which is longer than most services that typically offer three-to-seven days. However, it should be noted that this two-week free trial is a promotional offer and it will soon go back to just seven days. YouTube TV’s sole plan, priced at $55/mo. for your first three months ($65/mo. afterwards) for a limited-time, offers unlimited DVR space and thousands of on-demand titles for a maximum of six accounts per household.
Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video offers a 30-day free trial period for its users. If users are already a Prime member ($13/mo.), Prime Video comes with their subscription at no additional cost. However, if users don’t have Prime but just want access to streaming, Prime Video is $9/mo. after the trial runs out.
Does Philo Have a Free Trial?
Yes, Philo offers a 7-day free trial for new customers. This means that you can test out the service and see if it’s a good fit for you without committing to a paid subscription right away. You will need to provide your credit card information to start the trial, but you will not be charged until the end of the 7 days unless you cancel before the trial ends.
During the free trial, you will have access to the full range of Philo’s channels, as well as its on-demand library and other features. This allows you to get a sense of the service’s channel lineup, streaming quality, and overall user experience before deciding whether to subscribe.
How to Sign up for Philo 7 Days Free Trial
Signing up for Philo’s free trial is a simple process. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Philo’s website: The first step is to visit Philo’s website (philo.com) on your computer or mobile device.
- Click on “Start Free Trial”: Once you’re on the website, you will see a button that says “Start Free Trial” on the homepage. Click on it.
- Choose a plan: You’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the plan that you want to try during the free trial period.
- Enter your email address and password: You’ll be prompted to enter your email address and create a password. Fill in the required fields and click on “Continue”.
- Provide Payment Information: You will be prompted to enter your billing information. You need to provide credit card details.
- Verify your email: After you’ve entered your billing information, you’ll receive an email to verify your email address. Follow the instructions in the email to verify your account.
- Start streaming: Once your account is set up and verified, you can start streaming right away. You’ll have full access to Philo’s channel lineup and on-demand library during the 7-day free trial period.
It’s important to note that you will be charged if you do not cancel your subscription before the end of the free trial period. Be sure to mark the date on your calendar or set a reminder to cancel if you decide not to continue with Philo after the trial period.
How to Cancel Your Subscription
There are a few ways to cancel your Philo subscription, depending on how you signed up for the service:
- Cancel through the Philo website: You can cancel your Philo subscription by signing in to your account on the Philo website. Once you’ve logged in, navigate to the “Account” or “Settings” page. There should be a “Cancel Subscription” or “Deactivate Account” button that you can click on to cancel your subscription.
- Contact Philo customer support: If you’re having trouble canceling your subscription online, you can contact Philo customer support for assistance. You can reach out to Philo customer support by visiting their support page on their website and filling out the contact form.
- Cancel through your App Store or Google Play account: If you signed up for Philo through an app store like the App Store or Google Play, you’ll need to cancel your subscription through the app store. You can do this by opening your app store, navigating to your subscription settings, and finding Philo. From there, you should be able to cancel your subscription.
It’s important to note that canceling your Philo subscription will not refund any charges that have already been processed, and you will have access to Philo until the end of your billing cycle.
Philo TV offers a single base package that costs $25.00 per month.
Yes, Philo TV offers a 7-day free trial for new users.
Philo TV currently offers 70 channels in their base package
Yes, Philo has 3 add-on package that includes Movies & More for $3/month, MGM+ for $6/month, Starz for $9/month
Yes, Philo TV allows users to record shows and movies to watch later.